Timeline of Events since January 4, 2013
- January 4, 2013: Marc passed away! (6:51p. According to coroners’ aides’ notes)
- January 4, 2013: Received call from Astrea at 6:17p. She stated she thought Marc had just done something to himself because, they were texting & then she couldn’t get him to answer.
- January 5, 2013: Arrived in Louisiana, spoke to Astrea & now she says she & Marc were talking when she heard a loud noise & then no response from him.
- January 7, 2013: Took clothes to funeral home & was able to see Marc. No damage to face nor head. The only thing unusual was, he needed a haircut. While standing next to him, his mouth opened & I noticed no damage to his teeth.
- Two weeks after funeral, I began placing calls trying to find out information. Spoke with Katlain at Sheriffs’ Department & was told Leonville police officer, Anthony Dardar worked on the incident. (January 4, 2013)
- January 15, 2013 thru January 28, 2013: Called Russell Pavichs’ office (coroner) Spoke with Debra & Anita attempting to get records.
- February 4, 2013: Russell Pavich finally returned my call @ 4:37p. Said history was taken from spouse & her father. Also, stated gun was put to head. I told him I’d been told there was bleeding from his mouth. After all my questions, especially when I asked why no autopsy was performed he said, “No one called to tell you he was killed?” I replied, You just told me he killed himself, that’s two different scenarios. II He then said he or his investigator would get back to me. As of now, neither have.
- February 14, 2013: Called Russell Pavichs’ office again & left message with Anita.
- Called Russell Pavichs’ office, not sure of date, spoke with Myra Pavich (his wife) was then told I would need to fax a request for any further information.
- Ashley at St. Landry Parish sheriffs’ department: have incident number #2013010171, for arrest & said go to window at 108 S. Market St. to get report. When I called back, Captain Chevis said they have a complaint sheet but, this was in city limits, they assisted but, Marc was arrested by Leonville Police Department & since I’m not named in the complaint I can’t obtain it but, anyone working on my behalf can request it.
- Talked to Joseph Noel (not sure of date) was told I have to get police report from Astrea. Captain Chevis called chief Noel to tell him to send me the report since I’m his Mother & wouldn’t need anyones’ ok. Chief Noel said he mailed it May 5, 2013.
- I finally received it May 17, 2013.
- April 4, 2013: Sent Earl Taylor (District Attorney) a letter stating I had concerns surrounding Marcs’ death.
- April 24, 2013: Earl Taylor called at 8:57a. Told me he assigned case to an investigator but, didn’t give a name. Also, on May 18, I received a letter from Earl Taylor stating evidence clearly shows my son died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the mouth with no exit wounds & there was nothing more his office would do to investigate.
- Called Louisiana State Police (not sure of date) I was told they don’t go behind another department to investigate.
- Called Pastor Ford of Ford & Joseph Funeral Home: Told him my concerns that I couldn’t get any answers, no one would help me & I didn’t know where Marc was shot. He told me he saw no evidence of a gunshot wound. I asked had he been stabbed or beaten. He said he saw no evidence of that either. I also found out two
weeks after Marc was buried, he was moved.
- (Not sure of date) Sent an email to Senator Guillorys’ office & received a response, most disturbing will look into this. Tammy at the Senators’ office said letters were mailed to the coroner & district attorney for information on May 7, 2013. They never received an answer.
- I began emailing Marcs’/my story to numerous entities trying to obtain help in this situation.
- February 26, 2014: Spoke to Cathy at Acadian Ambulance since in the police report it said they arrived on scene to check on Marc. She told me she found a 911 call but, no further information available. She also said she input information to generate a dispatch & response time but, nothing came up. I asked what that meant & she said no ambulance was dispatched.
- March 10,2014: Called Senator Guillorys’ office again & was told by Cheryl I’d need to hire a lawyer.
- March 11, 2014: Linda Law with the Attorney Generals’ office called & said she heard I had a complaint. I told her what it was & she said she’d call Chief Noel to find out why an autopsy wasn’t performed. When she called me back, she berated & became argumentative with me telling me things I hadn’t done which I have proof that I did. I called back & spoke to a supervisor about her behavior.
- March 24, 2014: Conner called from the Governors’ office & said that office doesn’t have jurisdiction.
This has been the behavior I’ve dealt with for 16 months. I’ve continued emailing different people still trying to find out what happened to my son. So far, nobody has stepped forth to do that!